Cantab is an analytical computerized assessment software, which enables accurate measurement of brain function and cognitive health across multiple domains, developed by Cambridge Cognition, a leading global provider of cognitive assessment software.
Cantab sensitively determines an individual’s cognitive health across five key domains:
- Executive function (central control, planning, strategy, and flexible thinking).
- Processing speed (the ability to perform mental tasks quickly and efficiently).
- Attention (the ability to concentrate and actively process information).
- Working memory (how we hold information while processing or acting on it).
- Episodic memory (memory of events and experiences: what happened, where and when).
The assessments usually take around 30 minutes. A trained neuropsychologist will oversee the whole process, guiding, and assisting when necessary.
Results are then adjusted for gender, age and education level thus proving the consultant physician with a highly accurate evaluation of cognitive performance and with the ability to monitor cognitive health by comparing results over time.