ADHD Assessment for Children: Dementech Private Options
Understanding ADHD in Children: What is ADHD?
ADHD, or Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, is a neurodevelopmental condition commonly diagnosed in childhood. It affects a child’s ability to pay attention, control impulsive behaviours, and manage hyperactivity.
At Dementech Neurosciences in London, we specialise in assessing and treating ADHD in children, providing the necessary support and guidance to help them thrive. The condition is categorised into three main types, each presenting unique characteristics and challenges:
- Inattentive Type: Children with this type struggle primarily with maintaining focus and paying attention. They may often appear forgetful, easily distracted, and have difficulty following instructions.
- Hyperactive/Impulsive Type: Children with this type exhibit high levels of hyperactivity and impulsive behaviour. They may frequently fidget, have trouble staying seated, interrupt others, and seem to act without thinking about the consequences.
- Combined Type: This is the most common form of ADHD in children, where individuals display symptoms of both inattention and hyperactivity/impulsivity.
At Dementech, our team of experienced paediatric neurologists understands the complexities of ADHD. We tailor individualised treatment plans to address your child’s specific needs, incorporating a combination of therapy, medication, and lifestyle adjustments.
By seeking early diagnosis and intervention for your child’s ADHD, you can empower them with the tools to navigate daily challenges and reach their potential. Contact us now to begin the journey.
Our Pathway to Diagnosis
At Dementech Neurosciences, we adhere to the rigorous diagnostic standards set by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Our dedicated team of paediatric neurologists specialises in assessing and diagnosing various neurodiverse conditions, including paediatric autism, ADHD, dyslexia, and developmental coordination disorder.
Our clinicians conduct a thorough neurodevelopmental assessment. During a session lasting 60-120 minutes, we observe and interact with your child to evaluate their communication skills, sensory processing, and social interactions.
Collaborating with schools, we gather valuable insights about your child’s educational journey. Our neurologists review school reports, engage with teachers, and analyse assessments to comprehensively assess your child’s academic strengths and challenges.
In order to obtain a holistic diagnosis, we’ll carry out a thorough psychological assessment to delve deeper into your child’s cognitive abilities, emotional wellbeing, and behavioural patterns. This enables us to understand your child’s psychological profile.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKAGE
Support & Intervention Sessions
As part of your diagnostic package, we’re committed to ongoing support and intervention for your child. Following the diagnosis process, you will have access to regular sessions with a dedicated Dementech neurologist. These sessions, lasting approximately 30 minutes each, occur approximately every 2 months.
Our Support & Intervention Sessions play a crucial role in your child's journey, offering valuable insights, addressing concerns, and guiding you through the path ahead. During these sessions, we will:
- Provide a check-in on your child’s progress
- Evaluate the effectiveness of treatment
- Give you the opportunity to ask any questions
- Offer support in managing your child’s condition
- Establish next steps and ongoing treatment
ADHD Symptoms in Children
Recognising the signs and symptoms of ADHD in children is crucial for early identification and intervention. At Dementech, we specialise in understanding and addressing ADHD, providing comprehensive assessments and personalised treatment options. Here are some common symptoms to look out for:
- Difficulty staying focused on tasks or activities, often getting easily distracted.
- Frequently making careless mistakes or overlooking details.
- Struggling to organise tasks and belongings.
- Forgetfulness, such as forgetting to do homework or chores.
- Constant restlessness, often fidgeting or squirming in their seat.
- Difficulty staying seated, constantly feeling the need to move around.
- Talking excessively and interrupting others during conversations or activities.
- Feeling restless or constantly “on the go.”
- Acting without thinking about the consequences.
- Difficulty waiting for their turn or waiting patiently in line.
- Blurting out answers or comments without being called upon.
- Interrupting or intruding on others’ conversations or activities.
It's important to note that not all children with ADHD exhibit the same symptoms, and the severity may vary. If you notice persistent patterns of these behaviours that significantly impact your child's daily life and academic performance, seeking a professional ADHD assessment is recommended.
The Importance of an ADHD Assessment
An ADHD assessment plays a vital role in understanding your child’s unique needs and providing them with the appropriate support.
At Dementech Neurosciences, we emphasise the significance of early identification and intervention. Through a comprehensive ADHD assessment, conducted by our expert paediatric neurologists, we can accurately diagnose ADHD and create a tailored treatment plan.
This assessment allows us to gain insights into your child’s strengths, challenges, and individual characteristics, enabling us to offer the most effective strategies for managing symptoms and optimising their overall wellbeing and success.
MEET OUR DOCTORS:
Dr. Rahul Bharat
Paediatric Neurologist. Consultant Paediatrician Lead & Paediatric Autism Specialist
Dr. Bharat, a highly skilled consultant paediatrician neurologist at Dementech Neurosciences, specialises in providing exceptional care for children with ADHD and other neurodevelopmental disorders. With a profound understanding of foundational paediatric neurodevelopment, Dr. Bharat conducts comprehensive assessments and interventions tailored to meet each child's unique needs.
Using diagnostic criteria for ADHD and ADHD screening tools, Dr. Bharat follows the guidelines set by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. The assessment process includes:
Neurodevelopmental Assessment: Evaluating ADHD symptoms and developmental milestones, communication skills, sensory processing, and social interactions to gain valuable insights into your child’s neurodevelopmental profile.
Academic Evaluation: Collaborating closely with schools, Dr. Bharat reviews reports, engages with teachers, and analyses assessments to assess your child’s academic strengths and challenges.
Psychological Assessments: Delving deeper into your child’s cognitive abilities, emotional wellbeing, and behavioural patterns to provide a holistic understanding of their psychological profile.
Following diagnosis, Dr. Bharat continues to support you and your child through Consultative Support & Intervention Sessions. These sessions serve to assess the effectiveness of treatment and provide guidance for the next steps in your child’s care journey. With a patient-centric approach, a paediatric ADHD evaluation with Dr. Bharat empowers children to reach their full potential.
“Effective treatment requires us to understand a child’s unique situation. ‘Universal’ methods aren’t effective: rather, we provide individualised treatments to help each and every child reach their full potential”
Dr. Bharat, with an academic background in Calcutta, Kent, Yorkshire, London, and Cambridge, is the founder of Geniuslane. His team has developed a unique algorithm to create personalised treatment programs for children with conditions like ADHD, autism, cerebral palsy, and dyslexia. Through their pioneering work, Dr. Bharat and his team are revolutionising the field of neurodevelopmental car
Hear What Our Patients Have To Say
The Benefits of Early Diagnosis & Intervention
At Dementech Neurosciences, our team of expert paediatric neurologists provides comprehensive ADHD assessments and personalised treatment options to support your child's unique needs and empower them for the future.
Book An Appointment Today
Book an appointment now for a private children's ADHD assessment and child behaviour assessment with our expert team of paediatric neurologists.
The Leading ADHD Assessment Option For Children & Families
We offer the leading ADHD assessment option for children and families, providing expert care for neurodevelopmental disorders. Our paediatrician-led ADHD assessment follows diagnostic criteria for ADHD and incorporates ADHD screening tools, ensuring accurate and reliable results.
With a focus on paediatric ADHD evaluation, we provide a thorough understanding of your child's condition and individual needs. Our assessment process includes:
- Neurodevelopmental Assessment: Evaluating developmental milestones, communication skills, and social interactions.
- Psychological and Neuropsychological Assessments: Assessing cognitive abilities, emotional wellbeing, and behavioural patterns.
Choosing an ADHD assessment with Dementech means you can trust that your child's ADHD symptoms in children will be thoroughly evaluated, leading to personalised treatment plans.
Assessing Coexisting Conditions
Neurodevelopmental disorders such as ADHD can often be accompanied by coexisting conditions. Our comprehensive assessments go beyond ADHD to identify and address these additional challenges, ensuring a holistic approach to your child's wellbeing.
When assessing coexisting conditions, we consider:
By assessing and addressing these coexisting conditions, we provide a comprehensive understanding of your child's needs and tailor treatment plans that target all aspects of their wellbeing.
How Dementech Helps Fulfil Every Child’s Potential
At Dementech, we’re dedicated to helping every child reach their full potential. Through our comprehensive approach, we provide the necessary support and interventions to empower children with ADHD and neurodevelopmental challenges. Our services include:
- Psychological assessment for children: Understanding your child’s unique psychological profile to inform targeted interventions.
- Cognitive assessment for ADHD: Assessing cognitive abilities and identifying areas of strength and challenge.
- Behavioural interventions for ADHD: Implementing evidence-based strategies to manage ADHD symptoms and promote positive behaviours.
- Early intervention and treatment planning: Addressing challenges early on and creating personalised treatment plans for optimal outcomes.
- Individualised education and school support: Collaborating with schools to ensure tailored support and accommodations.
- Improved social and emotional wellbeing: Promoting social skills, emotional regulation, and overall wellbeing.
Through our comprehensive range of services, we aim to unlock each child's potential, supporting their growth, development, and overall success.
Supporting Children With ADHD
Helping your child navigate their condition can be a challenge. We focus on promoting positive understanding and practical evaluations of ADHD; if your child seems to be showing the signs of ADHD, consider the following tips and strategies:
- Establish consistent routines and schedules
- Provide clear and specific instructions
- Break tasks into manageable steps
- Use visual aids and organisational tools
- Encourage regular physical activity
- Foster open communication and understanding
And don’t forget, if you’re seeking a specialist ADHD assessment or need a helping hand, Dementech is here for you. We offer:
- ADHD medication options: Expert guidance on medication choices and their potential benefits.
- Parental support for children with ADHD: Empowering parents with strategies, resources, and guidance.
- School accommodations for ADHD: Collaborating with schools to implement a supportive learning environment.
When Should I Consider an ADHD Assessment For My Child?
If you notice persistent difficulties with attention, hyperactivity, or impulsivity that significantly impact your child's daily life and academic performance, it may be time to consider an ADHD assessment.
Our expert team at Dementech Neurosciences, including child psychologists, developmental paediatricians and neuropsychologists will work alongside you and school counsellors to determine if ADHD or other neurodevelopmental factors are contributing to your child's challenges.
What Can I Expect During a Private ADHD Assessment?
During a private ADHD assessment at Dementech Neurosciences, you can expect a comprehensive and personalised evaluation conducted by our expert team, including educational psychologists, behavioural therapists, and medical professionals. Here's what you can anticipate:
- Thorough evaluation of your child’s symptoms, medical history, and behavioural patterns.
- Assessments conducted by specialists, utilising standardised tools and measures.
- Consideration of various treatment options, including stimulant medication and non-stimulant medication, tailored to your child’s specific needs.
- Collaboration with educational professionals to develop an Individualised Education Program (IEP) to support your child’s academic progress.
- Ongoing support, guidance, and monitoring to ensure optimal outcomes and well-being for your child.
Rest assured that our team is dedicated to providing a comprehensive diagnostic process that addresses your child’s unique needs and supports their development. Book your appointment today.
How Long Does an ADHD Assessment Typically Take?
The duration of an ADHD assessment at Dementech can vary depending on a range of factors.
Typically, the assessment process can take several hours spread over multiple sessions. The duration is influenced by factors such as the complexity of your child's symptoms, the need for additional assessments, and the thoroughness of the evaluation.
Our goal is to ensure a comprehensive and accurate assessment, allowing us to develop a personalised treatment plan tailored to your child's specific needs.
There are no significant risks or side effects associated with ADHD assessment. The assessment process typically involves interviews, questionnaires, and behavioural observations, which are non-invasive. Our team of experienced paediatricians, child psychologists, developmental paediatricians, and neuropsychologists ensures a safe and supportive environment throughout the evaluation.
After your child’s ADHD assessment, our team will discuss the results with you and provide recommendations for further steps. This may include behavioural interventions, ADHD medication options, and collaboration with school counsellors, educational psychologists, and behavioural therapists. We will work together to develop an individualised plan, which may include an Individualised Education Program (IEP) to support your child’s academic progress.
Yes, the results of your child’s ADHD assessment can be used to inform and support school accommodations. We collaborate with schools to ensure that appropriate accommodations are implemented, such as modified assignments, additional support, or behavioural strategies. Our team works closely with educational psychologists and school professionals to develop an optimal learning environment for your child.
Private ADHD assessment offers a comprehensive and specialised evaluation tailored to your child’s needs. While there may be alternative options available, such as assessments through public health services or educational institutions, private assessment offers the advantage of personalised attention and expertise from our team of specialists in neurodevelopmental disorders and paediatric ADHD evaluation.
Parents play a crucial role in supporting children with ADHD. After assessment, it is important to provide parental support for children with ADHD. This can include:
- Implementing strategies learned during the assessment process
- Maintaining a structured routine
- Fostering open communication
- Seeking ongoing guidance and support from our team
Additionally, collaborating with schools to implement appropriate school accommodations and utilising recommended behavioural interventions can greatly assist in supporting your child’s success and wellbeing.
Contact Us To Schedule Your Private ADHD Assessment
For an expert ADHD assessment for your child, contact our team today.
Email us about booking an appointment:
Visit our private
London clinic in
11 Wimpole street
W1G 9ST London
Ask us a question or request more information:
Our team is on hand to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. Simply fill in the form below with your details, and we will get back to you very soon.
Latest blog posts & guides
21st August 2023
Hands quivering uncontrollably while trying to drink your morning coffee, fingers trembling when you reach for the phone, shaky hands...
21st August 2023
Have you ever experienced eyelid twitching and wondered if it might be a sign of a stroke? While more recognised...
17th May 2023
Epilepsy is a neurological condition that affects millions of people worldwide. It is a disorder that can cause seizures or...